How to Make
- 1 cup
- Birch Benders Gluten Free Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 2/3 cup
- 1 1/2
- Bananas sliced, reserve 1/2 for garnish
- 1/4 cup
- Pecans plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup
- Almonds plus more for garnish
- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium-high heat. The pan is hot enough when flecks of water sizzle off quickly after contact. If using a cast iron pan, keep an eye on your heat as the pan will hold heat well and you may need to turn down your burner over time.
- Lightly grease pan – we like to use about a tablespoon of vegetable oil and use a paper towel to quickly spread and wipe off excess.
- Combine Birch Benders and water, fold in bananas and nuts.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop batter into pan, one or two pancakes at a time, depending on the size of your pan.
- Cook until bubbles have formed and popped, and sides are mostly dry.
- Turn once, cook one additional minute until golden brown.
- Remove from heat. Store in a 200° oven if making a larger batch.
- Top with remaining half banana, and garnish with additional nuts if desired.