- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium-high heat. The pan is hot enough when flecks of water sizzle off quickly after contact. If using a cast iron pan, keep an eye on your heat as the pan will hold heat well and you may need to turn down your burner over time.
- Lightly grease pan – we like to use about a tablespoon of vegetable oil and use a paper towel to quickly spread and wipe off excess.
- Combine Birch Benders, espresso, vanilla and water.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop batter into pan, one or two pancakes at a time, depending on the size of your pan.
- Cook until bubbles have formed and popped.
- Turn Once.
- Remove from heat.
- If making a larger batch, pancakes can be stored in a 200° oven while you finish cooking.
- In a stand mixer, combine heavy cream and 2 tablespoons maple syrup.
- Whip cream on high until peals form.
- Garnish pancakes with maple syrup, whip cream and cinnamon.
They might be your new favorite.