For the coconut whipped cream:
- In a waffle maker, make Sweet Potato Pancake & Waffle Mix as instructions direct on-pouch, adding a tablespoon of oil. For chunky, thick
waffles the batter should be thick, not runny.
- Chill your coconut cream or coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight. Be careful not to shake or tip the can to encourage separation of the
cream and liquid.
The next day, chill a large mixing bowl 15 minutes before whipping.
- Remove the coconut cream or milk from the fridge without tipping or shaking and remove the lid. Scrape out the top, thickened cream and
leave the liquid behind. (Note: if your coconut milk didn’t harden, you probably just got a dud can, and you can try adding 3 Tbsp of tapioca flour when whipping.)
- Place hardened cream in your chilled mixing bowl. Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, whip until smooth, then add vanilla and powdered sugar and mix until creamy about 1 minute. Taste and adjust sweetness as needed.
- Refrigerate immediately while you make your parfait The whipped cream will harden and set in the fridge the longer it’s chilled. Will keep
for up to 1 – 2 weeks!
For the rest:
- In a medium saucepan combine strawberries, cherries, lemon juice, and sugar. Mash down the berries slightly with a fork to break them down. Cook on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until cherries soften and liquid thickens and evaporates almost entirely, about 20 minutes (Important: allow to cool to room temperature before assembling parfaits).
- Spoon layers of whipped cream, Birch Benders waffle pieces, and berry sauté into glasses, top with whole berries and serve!