- In a medium sauce pan, combine nectarines, honey and 1/3 cup water. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes to 1 hour, adding more water if necessary, reducing to syrup texture as desired.
- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium-high heat. The pan is hot enough when flecks of water sizzle off quickly after contact. If using a cast iron pan, keep an eye on your heat as the pan will hold heat well and you may need to turn down your burner over time.
- Lightly grease pan – we like to use about a tablespoon of vegetable oil and use a paper towel to quickly spread and wipe off excess.
- Mix Birch Benders and 3/4 Cup water until just combined.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop batter into pan, one or two pancakes at a time, depending on the size of your pan.
- Cook until bubbles have formed and popped.
- Turn Once.
- Remove from heat.
- If making a larger batch, pancakes can be stored in a 200° oven while you finish cooking.
- Stack pancakes on plate, and scoop sorbet on top. Pour syrup over top and garnish with fresh basil.
This summer treat is sure to become a family favorite.