First, make the Frosting:
- Heat Cream in a heavy bottomed pan until just before boiling. Do not let boil as it will overflow the pot immediately.
- Place chopped chocolate and 1/4 cup peanut butter in a heat safe bowl. Pour cream over top, immediately from the heat.
- Whisk rapidly until chocolate is fully melted and texture is smooth. This is a basic ganache.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Using a hand mixer, whip ganache with confectioners sugar until fluffy, starting at a low speed and increasing as sugar is incorporated.
While the ganache refrigerates, make cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and line two muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a stand mixer, cream together butter, and eggs.
- Mix in cocoa powder.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Mix in Birch Benders.
- Scoop two tablespoons of cake mix into each muffin well.
- Place 1 Tablespoon Wild Friends Peanut Butter in each well.
- Top with 2 additional teaspoons of cake mix.
- Bake for 15- 20 Minutes, checking with a toothpick. If clean, the cupcakes are done.
- Let cool in pan for a few minutes before removing to a rack for cooling.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
While the cupcakes cool, whip frosting and prepare toppings:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg white and water.
- In another bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice.
- Coat pumpkin seeds first with egg wash, then with spice mix.
- Spread out pumpkin seeds on parchment paper in a single even layer. This can take some diligence, so we recommend using clean wet hands.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Slice peanut butter cups in half.
- Top each frosted cupcake with 1 half peanut butter cup and a few pumpkin seeds.
These dense, moist cupcakes will be quite the treat!