How to Make
- 1 cup
- Birch Benders Classic Recipe
- 4 Tbsp
- Unsalted Butter
- Large Eggs
- 1 cup
- Whole Milk
- 1/4 cup
- Confectioner's Sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Place butter in a cold 12-inch cast iron pan, and place over medium heat. It’s important to start from a cold pan so that the butter will brown rather than burn. Keep your eye on it though; it’s a quick transition from caramelized milk fats to sour charcoal.
- In a blender, combine eggs, milk and Birch Benders, until lightly foamed.
- Once the butter has bubbled and browned, swirl the pan to coat sides and pour off excess butter, reserving for later.
- Pour batter into hot pan, and place pan in preheated oven
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit about 5 minutes. Pour brown butter over the top.
- Dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Slice and serve.
Share A Recipe
Have a recipe to share?
We would love to showcase it on our site.
Submit a recipe