First, make the chicken:
- In a heavy bottomed pan or dutch oven, sautee onions in olive oil over medium-low heat. Once transluscent, add garlic, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes and spices, stir. Spread ingredients out evenly over the bottom of the pan, lay chicken overtop.
- Pour chicken broth over the rest of the ingredients. Cover pot and let braise over medium heat abut 20 minutes, or until an instant measure thermometer reads 165.
- Remove chicken from heat once fully cooked, let rest 5 minutes before shredding with two forks.
- Increase heat under braising pot and reduce sauce about half.
- Return chicken to sauce, stir, and remove from heat.
While the sauce reduces,
- Combine Birch Benders Classic Recipe Pancake Mix with mustard and cilantro.
- Stir in water.
- Make waffles according to your waffle maker’s directions.
- Place cooked waffles on a serving platter.
- Top waffles with chicken and sauce, and toppings of your choice.
Better than regular tacos for sure.