How to Make
- 1 Cup
- Birch Benders Classic Recipe Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 3/4 Cup
- Plain Kefir
- 1 tablespoon
- Oil, for greasing
- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium-high heat, about 375°F. The pan is hot enough when flecks of water sizzle off quickly after contact. If using a cast iron pan, keep an eye on your heat as the pan will hold heat well and you may need to turn down your burner over time.
- Lightly grease pan – we like to use about a tablespoon of oil and use a paper towel to quickly spread and wipe off excess.
- Zest one lime, juice both. Discard rinds.
- Combine Birch Benders, kefir, lime juice and lime zest.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop batter into pan, one or two pancakes at a time, depending on the size of your pan.
- Cook until bubbles have formed and popped, and the sides are mostly dry.
- Turn once, cook an additional minute.
- Remove from heat. Store in a 200° oven while you finish making all the batter into pancakes.
- Top with more kefir, if desired, and garnish with a lime.