- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium-high heat. The pan is hot enough when flecks of water sizzle off quickly after contact. If using a cast iron pan, keep an eye on your heat as the pan will hold heat well and you may need to turn down your burner over time.
- Lightly grease pan – we like to use about a tablespoon of coconut oil and use a paper towel to quickly spread and wipe off excess.
- Combine Birch Benders and water before folding in kiwi.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop batter into pan, one or two pancakes at a time, depending on the size of your pan.
- Cook until bubbles have formed and popped, and sides are mostly dry.
- Turn once.
- Remove from heat. Store in a 200° oven if making a larger batch.
Top with your desired syrup and more kiwi!