We recommend making the hot fudge first.
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, heat butter and chocolate, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Once the chocolate is melted and combined with the butter, stir in dry ingredients in two sections, combining completely.
- Add cream slowly, stirring constantly.
- Bring sauce to a bowl, remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Set aside to make pancakes.
- Heat a skillet or grill to medium high heat and grease with vegetable oil. The pan is hot enough when water droplets sizzle and evaporate rapidly but not immediately. Keep an eye on your temperature gauge to avoid over heating. Cast iron skillets and griddle maintain heat better than other surfaces so you’ll want to be extra careful.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, mixing slowly so as not to over-blend.
- Using a 1/3 Cup measure, scoop pancake batter into the pan. When the bubbles have mostly popped (after about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes), flip the pancakes.
- Cook an additional minute and serve topped with Fudge Sauce, more chocolate chips or nuts or fresh fruit.